Thursday, May 14, 2015

Testing the Waters

Hey y’all! 
So, I’m not even sure why I’m starting this blog up. This is probably my eighty-third attempt to blog. My last one was actually a bit more successful but it was so specialized, for lack of a better term, and I felt like I couldn’t cross into the personal every day ramblings of my life because it was meant to be an outlet for dealing with anxiety. I plan on keeping up with the anxiety advocacy page (please check it out, the link is to the right) but I want this to be more than just how I deal with feel anxious about (a lot of) things.
But, I digress. THIS blog is going to just be for my ramblings. I used it back in 2011 to chronicle the six weeks I spent in France and while I had been intending to start up a new one I realized that this would work just as easily. I also had been trying to figure out a name for this thing and when I pulled up the page to this blog it just kind of clicked.
I just graduated with my Masters degree, I’m starting my job full-time on Monday and I’m finally able to step from my academic world into the “real” one. For the first time in 19 years I won’t be a student in the fall, and that’s a different thing for me; not quite scary but different. It’s time for me to just trust my instincts with everything and let go. The boundaries that were part of my life have kinda of faded away; every year was the same, school in the fall until December, then January to May same thing, a few months off and then it starts all over again. But that’s not there anymore. There’s a freedom that I’m not used to and I’m slowly falling in love with that.
This blog is going to be an outlet, it’s going to be a place that I can go to connect with others. Because, honestly, I haven’t really connected with too many people here in Northern Virginia, in fact as far as friends go it’s pretty bleak. But I’m doing what I love, I have a boyfriend that I love, and life is good.

So, let’s see where this takes us. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to follow along!! Also congrats again on graduation! I am always so amazed by you and your amazing accomplishments!!

    ReplyDelete