Saturday, May 16, 2015

College Daze



Last night, Vin, my boyfriend, and I had a date night to go see Pitch Perfect 2. We went to the Alamo Drafthouse, which is an amazing cinema, and really enjoyed the movie. It was the perfect blend of the first movie and an original and I got to drink a delicious blackberry pear cider while laughing through the film. But one of the things that stuck with me afterwards was the idea of the Barden Bellas graduating college, this happened to coincide with my undergraduate institution graduating last night.  

Y’all, college was the best time of my life. I would say to-date but I have this sneaky suspicion that things may never top those four years. I went to school 550 miles away from home in North Carolina and while the first semester was rocky the ones that followed are filled with memories of some of the most intense friendships I’ve ever had. During my time there I was able to travel the world and take advantage of amazing opportunities. But some of my most cherished memories are just average days on campus, sitting on an old porch swing with my friends and laughing.


Watching the movie last night and then coming home and seeing pictures of some of my friends graduating just really made me miss those four years. College is many things for many people and I can’t imagine a different experience for me; to think back to my first semester there when the idea of transferring was never far from my mind baffles me now. I’m thankful for the experiences I had, the friends I made and the lessons I learned during my four years in a sleepy North Carolina town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment